Welcome! This is the place I come to for creative inspiration, and sharing my love of card making, scrapbooking, and all paper crafting! I hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting! gm5casey@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 4th LO


Good Morning Everyone! back with another post to share with you today.This is my post for the Cricut Is Close To My Heart blog. My creation is a layout for some 4th of July photos we took at a family gathering. I know the Holiday has come and gone, but if you are anything like me, you are a little behind. I think I'm doing good since we do have a few days of July left! LOL! Here is what I have come up with:


This photo shows some of the papers I have chosen for the LO. These are from the Super Hero pack. Obviously perfect for the theme. Once I made my sketch, I looked through my carts for the elements. I found the phrases from Create A Critter and Simply charmed. I chose the stars from the AP cart.
I simply cut a variety of strips in different thicknesses and clipped the ends to create a flag. I decided this 12x12 LO would be for one special photo, so I would not have to cut anything down. I matted a 4x6 rectangle and decided it should be front and center. After laying out my elements in a pleasing manner, I decided to add some CTMH Twine and to bling up the stars a little bit.
To do this, I ran some of the stars upside down in the xyron so they were sticky on top and then glittered them with some Prisma glitter. Some of the stars have been popped up with foam tape for some dimension.
Here is a photo that kind of shows the dimension and some sparkle. I thought it turned out really well!
I hope you have enjoyed the project for today's post and hope that you stop by the Cricut blog to say hello or leave a comment. Remember to come back soon for another awesome project featuring all the great supplies CTMH has and please contact me so I can get you everything you need to do a layout of your own! Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. This is incredible Gina! I love it! Thanks for sharing over at the CTMH Blog!

    ReplyDelete